Fast becoming the workhorse for the international oil and gas pipeline industry, the ALX III RM Workstation weld monitoring and data-logging system is fully digital and WiFi enabled. The latest wireless technology allows for both network connectivity and for use with TVC Wireless Sensors.
All units are supplied as a single channel system, however, can easily be upgraded to monitor up to four channels simultaneously. Pre-loaded with VNC interface software as standard, remote assistance and software updates can be provided wherever in the world the equipment is based.
Customisable and Cost-Effective
Supplied with voltage and current measurement on all channels as standard, the system allows for customisation to each channel with a variety of optional combinations. With all the facilities of the ALX III Portable in a rugged wall or rack mounting cabinet, the ALX III Workstation is a versatile and cost-effective system.
A rugged, hardworking unit designed to withstand the tough conditions of the working environment, it is equally at home monitoring welding procedures, qualifying welders, or in a laboratory situation where precision welding of fine components and exotic materials requires an accurate data logging system.
With the latest software advances, TVC have several layers of user interfaces enabling operators to digitally interface with IoT and Industry 4.0 compliance at all levels, facilitating the smooth digital exchange of welding data. The innovative software and electronics allow the monitoring, capture and analysis of pulsed welding processes.
Specific pipeline software allows a complete welding procedure to be pre-programmed, from root to cap, so a single Workstation can monitor the whole weld or monitor pre-set weld passes in different stations. ALX III RM Workstations can be networked together so a single master station can be created, able to correlate all welding data into a single report.
The powerful pulse monitoring software option can be fitted to some or all channels in a single unit.
Monitoring and reporting complex welding pulses present no problems, as the Workstation’s speed and processing capacity to produce instant reports of each weld pass, no matter how complicated the waveform. Special software packages are available which enable the full integration of several ALX III RM Workstations to produce units of eight channels, and above.
Wireless Connectivity: Networking
All ALX III Series data-loggers are supplied with full Wireless Connectivity for both Networking and connection to purpose-designed transducers and sensors.
When networked via the TVC Edge Server, the ALX III systems can be used with the TVC Server/Cloud-based Data-Base software which will allow the remote logging and display of welding data along with full welder, WPS storage and Production Monitoring. For full details on the network connectivity software for remote viewing of Production Welding, Procedure Qualification, Welder Qualification and Documentation Storage, please contact TVC.
Wireless Connectivity: Transducers and Sensors
Application-specific, battery-powered, wireless transducers can be connected to the ALX III units using the ALX III Digital Wireless Sensor network. Currently, specialist wireless sensors and transducers are available for:
- Temperature, including multi-channel
- Wire feed speed
- Travel Speed
- Angle and position
- Gas flow and measurement
- Depth (Weld Height)
ALX III Workstation features
- Mains powered with internal battery backup
- Single channel as standard (option to add further channels)
- Non-intrusive probes
- Monitors voltage and current as standard
- Options for wire feed, gas flow, travel speed, type ‘K’ contact temperature measurement, purge oxygen level, wireless laser depth measurement, wireless multi-channel temperature measurement, wireless travel speed, wireless wire feed tachometers and wireless depth (weld height) measurement
- Optional pulse monitoring and analysis software package
- Complete WPS programmable from root to cap
- TIG H.F. protected
- “Intelligent” battery charger combined mains PSU
- Network connection and USB ports
- Wireless connectivity
- Cladding/Weld Overlay/Automatic/Robotic specific operation and software packages
- Pipeline specific operation and software packages
- Auxiliary Inputs configured to customer specification
- RFID Card User Login/Identification
- Bar Code scanners for Consumable identification
All options can be retrofitted to the ALX III systems. If a new option requirement is identified after purchase, systems can be quickly and simply updated.