Portable and Versatile
The Arc Logger XIII (ALX III) Portable is a battery-powered unit capable of monitoring all types of arc welding. Whether in the workshop or a remote location, this versatile unit monitors across all the main arc welding parameters.
The user-friendly software package can monitor:
- Wire feed speed
- Travel speed
- Gas flow
- Purge oxygen levels
- Hot wire current
- Voltage parameters
In addition to producing average figures for all parameters, the unit additionally provides automatic heat input and energy calculations.
As standard, the ALX III Portable can monitor one welding power source only. When fitted with optional and additional input channels, however, it simultaneously monitors up to four welding power sources. It is ideal for both Twin Torch Twin Bug Pipeline Welding systems and monitoring GTAW equipment with Hot Wire facility.
Pulse Mode and ASME IX (2015)
The optional pulse mode creates an absolutely accurate monitor for complex welding waveforms. With pulse, the unit is able to produce quality reports whilst measuring peak and background values of voltage and current. Pulse mode complies with all requirements of ASME IX (2015), EEMUA Publication 158 (Third Edition) and PD ISO/TR 18491:2015. The onboard printer combined with the reporting software gives the welding/QC engineer instant information at the point of welding.
The ALX III Portable can be used on all popular arc welding processes and is protected against damage from the high frequency/high voltage start systems used on many TIG welding power sources.
The unit and accessories are supplied in a single rugged protection case, which can be shipped internationally by road, sea or air transportation.
- Battery or mains powered
- Up to 3 hours charge from a single lead-acid battery pack
- Non-intrusive probes
- Monitors voltage and current as standard
- Options for wire feed, gas flow, travel speed, type ‘K’ contact temperature measurement, purge oxygen level, wireless laser depth measurement, wireless multi-channel temperature measurement, wireless travel speed and wireless wire feed tachometers
- Optional pulse monitoring and analysis software package
- Complete WPS programmable from root to cap
- TIG H.F. protected
- ‘Intelligent’ battery charger
- Network connection and USB ports
- Wireless connectivity
- Cladding/Weld Overlay specific operation and software packages
- Pipeline specific operation and software packages
- Auxiliary Inputs configured to customer specification