Portable and Versatile
Fully digital and WiFi enabled, the ALX III Portable weld monitoring and data-logging system, uses the very latest technologies. This allows it to use wireless technology for both network connectivity and for use with TVC Wireless Sensors. Facilities to monitor all the main arc welding parameters make the ALX III Portable the most user friendly and versatile welding data logger and reporting system available today.
The “go-anywhere” battery powered unit is capable of monitoring all types of arc welding in the workshop or remote locations. Pre-loaded with VNC interface software as standard, remote assistance and software updates can be provided wherever in the world the equipment is based.
Using the standard software package, the unit can monitor voltage, current, wire feed speed, travel speed, gas flow, temperature, purge oxygen levels, hot wire current and voltage parameters producing average figures for all parameters, plus automatic heat input and energy calculations.
As standard, the ALX III Portable system can only monitor one welding power source. When fitted with the optional additional input channels, the system can simultaneously monitor up to four welding power sources. This makes it ideal for the field measurement of Twin Torch Twin Bug Pipeline Welding systems or, alternatively, for monitoring GTAW equipment with Hot Wire facility.
The on-board printer produces a hard copy print right at the welding location which, combined with the unit’s reporting software package, gives the welding/QC engineer the facility to produce instant weld reports and specifications at the point of welding. The ALX III Portable can be used on all popular arc welding processes and is protected against damage from the high frequency/high voltage start systems used on many TIG welding power sources.
With the latest software advances, TVC have several layers of user interfaces enabling operators to digitally interface with IoT and Industry 4.0 compliance at all levels, facilitating the smooth digital exchange of welding data. The innovative software and electronics allow the monitoring, capture and analysis of pulsed welding processes.
ALX III Portable units and their accessories are supplied in rugged protection cases and can be shipped internationally by road, sea or air transportation.
Wireless Connectivity: Networking
All ALX III Series data-loggers are supplied with full Wireless Connectivity for both Networking and connection to purpose-designed transducers and sensors.
When networked via the TVC Edge Server, the ALX III systems can be used with the TVC Server/Cloud-based Data-Base software which will allow the remote logging and display of welding data along with full welder, WPS storage and Production Monitoring. For full details on the network connectivity software for remote viewing of Production Welding, Procedure Qualification, Welder Qualification and Documentation Storage, please contact TVC.
Wireless Connectivity: Transducers and Sensors
Application-specific, battery-powered, wireless transducers can be connected to the ALX III units using the ALX III Digital Wireless Sensor network. Currently, specialist wireless sensors and transducers are available for:
- Temperature, including multi-channel
- Wire feed speed
- Travel Speed
- Angle and position
- Gas flow and measurement
- Depth (Weld Height)
ALX III Portable features
- Battery or mains powered with up to 3 hours charge from a single lead acid battery pack
- Single channel as standard (option to add further channels)
- Non-intrusive probes
- Monitors voltage and current as standard
- Options for wire feed, gas flow, travel speed, type ‘K’ contact temperature measurement, purge oxygen level, wireless laser depth measurement, wireless multi-channel temperature measurement, wireless travel speed, wireless wire feed tachometers and wireless depth (weld height) measurement
- Optional pulse monitoring and analysis software package
- Complete WPS programmable from root to cap
- TIG H.F. protected
- “Intelligent” battery charger combined mains PSU
- Network connection and USB ports
- Wireless connectivity
- Cladding/Weld Overlay/Automatic/Robotic specific operation and software packages
- Pipeline specific operation and software packages
- Auxiliary Inputs configured to customer specification
- RFID Card User Login/Identification
- Bar Code scanners for Consumable identification
All options can be retrofitted to the ALX III systems. If a new option requirement is identified after purchase, systems can be quickly and simply updated.